Saturday, December 26, 2009

Temporamdibular disorder, what is the best way to relieve facial pain?

I use a warm compress to the jaw joint area. Ice seems to make my TMJ disorder discomfort worse. Anti-inflammatories help some people (Aleve, Motrin, aspirin) and Tylenol helps others.





I have always had mild TMJ discomfort, then my jaw was broken by an oral surgeon over 10 years ago and did not heal correctly. If I sleep on the affected side, I get dizziness and excruciating ear/face pain.





As another poster mentioned, your dentist can evaluate you for TMJ disorder and make suggestions or referrals. TMJ disorder is different for everyone, as the severity of the displacement can vary greatly.





Temporamdibular disorder, what is the best way to relieve facial pain?
I've found chiropractic to be the best. I am NOT a jaw clencher, but if you are, a splint may help you immensely. Icing and anti-inflammatory drugs also help when it's in pain.Temporamdibular disorder, what is the best way to relieve facial pain?
Ice packs on your jaws. But, the long term help comes from a split which you will get from your dentist,

No comments:

Post a Comment