Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dry, flaky facial skin and how to deal with it?

Okay, so far I've noticed that when I use facial washes (I'm a guy, just incase gender matters), my skin gets dry. I know my skin is VERY sensitive, and the wrong product can probably really affect my skin negatively, but I haven't been using strong products, only mild ones. The last ones I remember using were Clean %26amp; Clear and some other Neutrogena face wash. I'm not the most wisest person when it comes to skin problems or remedies, so I'm asking for help --





My face dries when I use face wash. Ofcourse, drying accompanies flaking, which is kind of embarassing to see - like your face has dandruff or something. So either I wait for my skin to recover and gain the proper oil it needs or I apply Cetaphil (which is the only face wash I use now but it still makes my face dry) on my face - which I probably shouldn't cause it may be what is making me break out sometimes. Anyway, are there remedies or after-touches for dry skin after washing your face with face wash?Dry, flaky facial skin and how to deal with it?
Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated and use a face pack of ripe bananas and honey. You can find more cheap, effective and natural home remedies for dry skin at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/dryskin.htmlDry, flaky facial skin and how to deal with it?
Unscented Aveeno lotion, you can find it in the baby isle. Just about anything that is gentle enough for a baby is good for people with sensitive skin.


Besos


Khetani
Sounds like you're a dry/dehydrated skin type. First off, Neutrogena and Clean and Clear are lines for oily/problem skin, which i'm assuming you're not. Switch to a gentler cleanser, say Dove Cool Moisture Foaming Facial Cleanser. Twice a week, use a face scrub to get rid of the dry, dead skin. A favorite of all of my clients is St. Ive's Apricot Scrub. Get the original one. You'll see and feel the difference in your skin after the first use. But when using, don't push the grains into your skin, you just want to gently polish the upper layers in circular motions. Day and night, make sure you moisturize! Use something fragrance-free. Hope this helps!
They make lotion for guys, and whatever gel you use to shave with may be causing it.
You may want to try talking to a dermatologist..... i had a flaking issue with my skin and it just kept getting worse until i went to see a doctor... and I turned out i needed a perscription...





Your skin changes over time so don't be embarassed to consult someone.
I had the same problem for years. When I visited a spa for a facial I realized I was using harsh washes even though they didn't seem that way. Try using Ivory soap. Just plain non fragrant Ivory soap. DO not use a toner or extra acne cream apply a heavy night time moisturizer at night (they do make these for men) before bed and a light hypoallergenic moisturizer after your shower in the morning. Also Aveeno has great skin products for sensitive skin. They are a little more expensive but well worth the extra cost for a lovely face :)





You may also want to up your water intake per day. Dry skin can be a sign of dehydration. Good Luck!
try L'Occitane's shea butter line for dry skin or the honey line since you are sensitive.
ask an ethnic store I never noticed until I was in the millitary but black people have a lot of issues with shaving and facial hair and have come up with some very creative ways of dealing with this problem
After you wash, then you need to moisturize.
Noxzema and Apricot Scrub will work on your skin.
At night, after washing, use nivea face cream. It's a little heavy but your skin will absorb it while you sleep and even though you wash again in the morning you won't have dry areas.
I use clinique,and they are the best with everything.They have it for every skin type even for extra dry skin.its the 3 Step system comes with a soap thats rights for your face,and a toner which jently exfoliates at the same time..then the moisturizer.Its great a little pricey,but its so worth it.Or if you seem to break out from the moisturizer,use the clean,and clear oil free moisturizer,and you will be good to go.Remember to Exfoliate to get rid of the dead skin cells.
May sound strange, but egg yolk makes a wonderful face mask.





Let it dry, wash it off and it takes all the dirt and old dry skin with it, without angering your skin.
Oil of olay cleanser for dry skin.


1 per week use Clinique 7th Day Scrub


(that gets rid of the flakiness)


a light oil free moisturiser morning and night.
I have the same condition, it's called seborrheic dermatitis. (may be misspelled). It's basically dandruff of the face. I went to my dematologist %26amp; he gave me a mixture of Elidel %26amp; Nizarol cream. It has cleared it up %26amp; now I can go back to using the cleansers I was using before. I've been using the medication on %26amp; off for about 2 1/2 years. I use it when my skin starts flaring up. There's no cure for the condition you just have to learn to manage it. Good luck
I am a cosmetologist, and recommend a face scrub first to get the dead skin cells off. Next, use a gentle cleanser, with lukewarm water. Follow with cool water. You will need to moisturize after washing in the morning and at bed time. If this does not work, see a dermetologist.
I'm a girl, but i have very sensitive skin. I dont use soap (except for on my body), and all i do for my face is wash with water then after I use lotion.





Dont use lotion with any smells, added stuff, there's Cedaphil... or something that starts with an N, it's in a big red.orange tub. I use that.





If you want a face wash, use cedaphil, they make many things for the face, just for us sensitive people. Never had any problems with it.





Try that, that's all I can offer. I know how ya feel, just treat your face real special, and the more crap you put on it, the worse it's gonna take it. Just keep it simple, and lotion before bed and when ya wake up.
Do not use those washes. You need something moisturizing for winter months. Try something creamy....any brand of a nice cream wash will do. Make sure the label says ';cream';. That should help a ton!!! Then put on a lotion after washing. You can start with a light face lotion..Nivea for Men is a line I would look at if I were you.
First try a lotion but ask ur docter.
  • mascara
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment