Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can animals recognise human facial expressions?

I know they can read anger and excitement ect. from tone of voice, but can they also read facial expressions?Can animals recognise human facial expressions?
Absolutely. All I have to do is look at my dogs in disappointment or anger, and they get it right away, you can see it their body language....they get that ';guilt'; look and put their head down, and I don't have to say a word. Same with being happy....If I smile at my dogs, they understand I'm happy with them and they start to wag their tails before I even say a word.Can animals recognise human facial expressions?
I totally agree with surojabu, my 4yr old rotty is the same way. All i have to do is just look at him and he gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment