Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can you have Asperger's but can read facial expressions well?

I was diagnosed with a mild form of AS, but I'm starting to doubt that diagnosis. I have many of Asperger's traits, but I can read people's facial expressions well. And I can read people's emotions and tell when someone is feeling down and I can sympathize with how they feel.





Can someone have AS and be sympathetic and good at reading people's facial expressions and feelings?Can you have Asperger's but can read facial expressions well?
Yes, you can still have AS without having every sign of it. The inability to read people is a very common trait, but it's not technically required for a diagnosis, so there can be Aspies who are able to interpret nonverbal signals and be empathetic.Can you have Asperger's but can read facial expressions well?
Yes they can. I have a friend who has AS and she is just like you. In the mildest forms it does not seem to be much of a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment